Policy issued in accordance with the GDPR – Regulation (EU) 2016/679 to those who interact with the web services of the Non-profit Organization GEOforCHILDREN accessible via electronic networks as from the address geoforchildren.org. The information provided only applies to the web site https://geoforchildren.org and does not concern any web sites that may be visited by an user via external links.
In compliance with the obligation established by the GDPR – Regulation (EU) 2016/679, we hereby inform that GEOforCHILDREN – headquarters located in via dell’Industria 12, 34077 Ronchi dei Legionari (GO) – has the ownership of personal data handing and thus will handle the personal data freely given by the user/visitor in compliance with the regulations in force.
In particular, data handling will be based on the principles of correctness, lawfulness and transparency as provided for the GDPR – EU Regulation 2016/679: the data will not be excessive, they will be collected and recorded for the purposes referred to in paragraph 1 and stored for the period of time necessary for the purposes for which they were collected.
1. Types of data and objective of data handling
1.1. Navigation data
The computer systems and software used to operate this site acquire, during their normal operation, some personal data whose transmission is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols. This category of data may include IP addresses or domain names of computers and terminals used by users, addresses in URI / URL notation (Uniform Resource Identifier / Locator) of the requested resources, the time of the request, the method used in submitting the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the response given by the server (successful, error, etc.) and other parameters related to the operating system and the user’s computer environment.
These data, necessary for the use of web services, are also processed for the purpose of:
- obtain statistical information on the use of the services (most visited pages, number of visitors per hour or daily time frame, geographical areas of origin, etc.);
- check the correct functioning of the services offered.
Browsing data is acquired and processed through the Google Analytics platform and has a time spent on Google servers for 26 months.
1.2. Data provided voluntarily by the User
The optional, explicit and voluntary sending of messages to the GEOforCHILDREN contact addresses, as well as the compilation and forwarding of the forms on the site, entail the acquisition of the sender’s contact data, necessary to reply, as well as all the data personal data included in communications.
The collected data will be used for the following purposes:
- to respond to requests received;
- to improve our Website (we use user feedback to improve our services);
- to create promotions, surveys, to send information to users on topics that we think may be of interest to them;
- to send periodic emails, we can use the user / visitor email addresses to send them information and updates; the same address can be used to answer your questions and requests.
The user / visitor may at any time exercise his rights towards the data controller, in accordance with the GDPR – EU Regulation 2016/679.
1.4. Photographs and audio-video recordings
On the occasion of special events such as conferences and public meetings, GEOforCHILDREN may, also with the support of third parties, take some photographs and record some audios and videos, inside and/or outside GEOforCHILDREN’s rooms, for information and communication purposes about Organization’s activities and initiatives.
1.5. Objectives of data handling
The personal data provided will be processed in compliance with the conditions of lawfulness pursuant to art. 6 f) EU Reg. 2016/679 for the following purposes:
- navigation on this website
- possible compilation of data collection form for personnel selection
- possible compilation of data collection form for receiving newsletters, promotional communications via email or automatic notifications on new articles or comments.
1.6. Recipients of the data
The personal data provided will be communicated to recipients, who will process the data as managers (Article 28 of EU Reg. 2016/679) and / or as natural persons acting under the authority of the Data Controller and the Data Processor (Article 29 of EU Reg. 2016/679), for the purposes listed above. Precisely, the data will be communicated to:
- subjects that provide services for the management of the information system and communication networks (including e-mail)
- studies or companies in the field of assistance and consultancy relationships
- competent authorities for the fulfillment of legal obligations and / or provisions of public bodies, upon request
- in case of administrative and accounting purposes, the data may eventually be sent to commercial information companies for the assessment of solvency and payment habits and / or to subjects for debt collection purposes.
The subjects belonging to the aforementioned categories perform the function of Data Processor, or operate in complete autonomy as separate Data Controllers.
2. Terms of data handling
The processing of data may be carried out both in a non-automated manner and with the aid of electronic, IT and telematic tools, for the time strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which they were collected. The processing methods will be suitable to ensure the security and confidentiality of the data in accordance with the provisions of the GDPR – Regulation (EU) 2016/679 regarding “minimum security measures” for the processing of personal data.
The data collected will not be the subject of communication – outside the cases of communications required by law – or dissemination, except as indicated in point n. 1.4., If not in an anonymous and aggregate form, for statistical purposes and for the promotion of the activities of GEOforCHILDREN.
Only with the express consent of the person concerned, the email address of the applicant can be used for sending communications concerning GEOforCHILDREN’s initiatives, deemed of interest to the applicant.
In carrying out the treatment, all technical, IT, organizational, logistic and procedural security measures will be adopted, as foreseen by the GDPR – Regulation (EU) 2016/679, so that the minimum data protection measures provided for by law are guaranteed.
The aforementioned security measures will guarantee access to data only for the persons appointed to the processing by GEOforCHILDREN referred to in point 4.
2.1. Data retention period
The data collected for the purposes referred to in paragraph 1.4 are kept for the duration of the subscription to the Newsletter Service of the interested party and for 10 years after termination, termination or withdrawal from the same, except in cases where the storage for a subsequent period is required for any disputes, requests by the competent authorities or under applicable law. At the end of the retention period the Data will be deleted, anonymised or aggregated.
2.2. Data transfer
Personal data will be processed by GEOforCHILDREN within the European Union. If for technical and / or operational reasons it is necessary to make use of subjects located outside the European Union, or it is necessary to transfer some of the data collected to technical systems and services managed in the cloud and located outside the area of the European Union, the processing will be regulated in accordance with the provisions of Chapter V of the Regulation and authorized on the basis of specific EU decisions. All necessary precautions will therefore be taken to ensure the most complete protection of personal data by basing this transfer: a) on adequacy decisions of the third country recipients expressed by the European Commission; b) on appropriate guarantees expressed by the third party recipient pursuant to art. 46 of the Rules; c) on the adoption of binding corporate rules, so-called Corporate binding rules.
3. Data Subjects’ Rights
Any natural person who uses our service can:
- obtain from the owner, at any time, information about the existence of their personal data, the origin of the same, the purposes and methods of treatment and, if present, to obtain access to personal data and information referred to in Article 15 of the GDPR
- request the updating, rectification, integration, deletion, limitation of data processing if one of the conditions provided for in Article 18 of the GDPR occurs, the transformation into anonymous form or blocking of personal data, processed in violation by law, including those that do not need to be kept for the purposes for which the data were collected and / or subsequently processed
- oppose, in whole or in part, for legitimate reasons, to the processing of data, even if pertinent to the purpose of collection and processing of personal data provided for commercial information purposes or sending advertising material or direct selling or for the fulfillment of market research or commercial communication. Each user also has the right to withdraw the consent at any time without prejudice to the lawfulness of the treatment based on the consent given before the revocation
- receive personal data, provided knowingly and actively or through the use of the service, in a structured format, commonly used and readable by automatic device, and transmit them to another data controller without impediments
- propose a complaint to the Italian Data Protection Authority.
We remind you that for any question or request related to your personal data and to respect your privacy you can write to email@example.com.
4. Changes and updates
GEOforCHILDREN could also make changes and / or additions to said disclosure, also as a consequence of the beginning of the effectiveness of the Privacy Regulations and of any subsequent amendments and / or regulatory additions. The changes will be notified in advance and the interested party will be able to view the text of the information sheet which is constantly updated in the Privacy section of the website geoforchildren.org.